Thursday 25 April 2013

Submission / advice

Good morning world!!!!


I have submitted which mini project I want as my PhD! I will find out officially on 29th which one I will be doing. When I find out I will be able to give you some information and what I am studying, and I will be writing some fairly long posts describing things I am interested in. 

As I am interested in disease I am thinking that each week I may post about a different disease to enlighten people especially those who are new to these subjects.

This morning I would like to give anyone out there who is thinking of doing a phd some tips from my experience so far.


  1. Keep your CV up to date as much as you can
  2. Make a list of any conferences/meetings that you go to
  3. Research the university you are applying for
  4. Look at the research areas of the supervisors you are applying to
  5. Look at other places you can possibly get funding
  6. Visit the university and have a look around the department if you can
I hope the above advice is helpful to people.


1 comment:

  1. Basic, sound advice that applies for any job application I would think.

    ReplyDelete