Tuesday 30 April 2013

Presentation complete.......

Well I managed to do my presentation, it was infront of around 15 people which was a nice number.

I was sat in my seat before hand and my heart was racing I tried some breathing techniques to try and get my heart rate under control but that didnt seem to work.

So then it got to my turn, I stood at the podium and loaded my presentation onto the screen. By this point my breathing had got worse and my hands were shaking. My mouth was so dry I found it hard to talk at some parts. I felt that I spoke slowly but I'm not sure if I actually came across that way. I managed to actually say the words I had previously had difficulty with which was good.

When my presentation was over I felt a Hugh sigh of relief, I think I need to do it many more times before becoming confident at speaking in public. Even tho I find talking to people easy I found presenting my work very hard.

I can now move on to officially starting my full PhD project next week

No comments:

Post a Comment