Wednesday 24 April 2013

Presentation skills

Presentations!!!

So I have quite an important presentation coming up, I am writing this post to give some information that I have learnt recently from practicing my presentation. I somebody somewhere finds it useful.

I am presenting my findings from my final mini project, I enjoy talking but I find presenting in front of groups difficult.  I am using power point for my presentation slides.


  1. If you are using power point or another form of software to create slides, do not have too much text as it is difficult for people to read large chunks of text and listen to you talk at  the same times.
  2. Hold you head up and don't talk to the floor,make sure you face your audience.
  3. Enjoy what you are doing and show enthusiasm for the subject you are talking about. 
  4. Being smartly dressed can give a good impression, especially if it is a first impression.
  5. Speak slowly and clearly, try not to mumble.
  6. Stand up straight not hunching your shoulders.

I know these tips may sound simple, but doing them in a real life situation can be tough. I am giving my presentation soon and I will be following the above.

Please find my updated book reviews under the book reviews page.

No comments:

Post a Comment